Agreement between DeeJayOne and the artist or representative uploading music to the DeeJayOne Track Uploader, hereafter “the artist(s)”
“The Material” referred to below is understood to consist of the musical composition, sound recording and any performances contained therein.
1. The artist(s) hereby grant DeeJayOne a non-exclusive license to use the supplied material(s) (“the Material”) or parts thereof, within DeeJayOne’s services (including radio production, dissemination over the internet and making the Material available for permanent download) and affiliated services throughout the world for the full period of copyright, free of any royalty or any other payments usually due for the use of the Material by DeeJayOne and its affiliates.
2. DeeJayOne shall not be obliged to make use of any Material and shall not be liable for any loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation or otherwise.
3. No material will be returned and shall become the property of DeeJayOne. It is therefore advisable for all the artist(s) to retain a copy.
4. The artist(s) must submit only their own original work and warrant that the grant of this licence will not infringe the copyright or any other rights whatsoever of any third party.
5. The artist(s) must be the sole author(s) of the Material. The individual submitting the Material hereby warrants that they have obtained and can give all necessary consents and permissions on behalf of all persons or entities contributing to the Material by their writing, composing, musical performance, recording, producing or otherwise (or the consent and permission of the parent/guardian of those persons are under 16 years old) and are authorised by any such persons or entities to make the Material and to grant the rights set out in these terms and conditions.
6. The artist(s) will indemnify and keep DeeJayOne indemnified from and against all and any claims, costs, damages, expenses, actions suffered or incurred by DeeJayOne arising out of any breach of the warranties hereby given.
7. The artist(s) permit DeeJayone to edit or change the Material in any way that DeeJayOne may in its sole discretion consider necessary for the purposes of use in DeeJayOne’s services.
8. The artist(s) by supplying the Material and entering into this Agreement hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive in perpetuity any so called “moral rights” in respect of the Material and grant any consents required under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 in respect of any uses by DeeJayOne or by parties acting with the authority of DeeJayOne.
9. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry of the Material, and receipt of Material amounts to acceptance of the terms and conditions.
10. Contributions are made at an artist(s) own expense and DeeJayOne shall not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in the making of the Material.
11. Contributions must not contain defamatory or obscene material.
12. The artist(s) shall be entitled to give DeeJayOne written notice to remove the Material from the DeeJayOne website, setting out the reasons for such request. DeeJayOne will comply with such request within ten working days of receipt of such request, where reasonably able.
13. The artist(s) must not and may not enter into this Agreement if signed to a major record label (which shall for these purposes mean any label belonging to any of the larger record companies including but not limited to : EMI, SonyBMG, Warner, Universal and all affiliates).
14. The individual submitting the Material hereby confirms that they are not under the age of 16 years old, and that they agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of the DeeJayOne Track Uploader on behalf of the artist(s).
15. The artist and any individual submitting the Material hereby confirms that DeeJayOne may mention and/or display their name with the Material and acknowledges that this shall be at DeeJayOne's editorial discretion.
16. The terms of the DeeJayOne Track Uploader are in addition to the DeeJayOne website Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the DeeJayOne Terms and Conditions and the DeeJayOne Track Uploader Terms, then the DeeJayOne Track Uploader Terms shall prevail.